In the last few years, YouTube has become a crucial part of Google search results; in many searches, YouTube gets priority over other types of content. If you want Google free of YouTube results, I will show you how to block YouTube Channels from Google Search Results.
(To know how to block specific YouTube channels from showing up on YouTube search results, browse to the next part of this article.)
This is how to exclude YouTube Channels from Google Search Results:
- Download uBlacklist on Chrome Web Store (there is also a Firefox version) and install it on your browser:
- Right-click on the uBlacklist icon next to the address bar, and select Options:
- Under “Sites blocked from appearing in Google search results”, type:
- Click on Save.
This will block any YouTube Channel from appearing in Google search results. If you change your mind later, delete the code you entered in step 3.
If you already use uBlock Origin, you can also choose to block Youtube directly on uBlock Origin instead of downloading another extension.
Right-click on the uBlock Origin icon > go to Options > and on My Filter, and input the following code:
! YouTube Results on Google
Both methods above work equally well, but to know how to block specific YouTube Channels from showing on YouTube searches, continue reading.
How to Block Specific YouTube Channels from Search Results
It is also possible to block certain YouTube Channels from showing up on YouTube results with the Channel Blocker browser extension, which is available in both Chrome and Firefox.
Here is how to do it:
- Download Channel Blocker on Chrome Web Store (or Firefox Browser Add-Ons) and install it on your browser:
- Right-click on the Channel Blocker icon and select options.
- Enter the name of the YouTube channel you want to block on “user/channel name” and press the + button:
- The channel name will show under Blocker user/channels:
This will altogether remove the YouTube channel from showing on YouTube for you. You can naturally add multiple channels if you want.
The best way to block YouTube channels from showing on Google search results is to use the uBlacklist browser extension. Right-click the uBlacklist icon, select options, and enter type *://*.youtube.com/* under “sites blocked from appearing in Google search results,” then save.
But if you want to block specific YouTube channels from showing on YouTube, you need to use the Channel Blocker extension. Right-click on the Channel Blocker icon, click on options, then type the name of the channel on “user/channel name.”
I also recommend you read our article on how to have tabs in Windows Explorer to learn how to have Chrome-style tabs on File Explorer.
And if you want to know who invented incognito mode, I also wrote an article about it.